Joyous Concord, NC Intimate Wedding: KRISTEN & EFREN
He calls her his “angel.”
She raves on his ‘infectious smile.’
Thousands of miles (nor visas;-) were to keep these two apart since the day they first met. (Which you can read more about here.)
….they. just. knew.
And, on an absolutely perfect afternoon in April–they exchanged hand-written notes, vows, and more happy tears than can be counted.
Kristen wanted to incorporate elements of both of their personalities/cultures into their wedding day and did so by touches of Kate Spade-inspired details of black, white and hot pink. (She even created the stunning ceremony backdrop-adorned with crystals and flowers, on her own.) And, since Efrén is from Mexico–they tied in additional native bright colors and a complete Mexican dinner was served. (Along with lots of vibrant Mexican music later for dancing!)
My favorite highlights of the day:
- How incredibly emotional Efrén was when he saw Kristen on the aisle. (No first look for these two traditionalists–and it was lovely.)
- The easy and frequent laughter from Kristen and her bridesmaids
- How incredibly expressive Kristen is: a photographer’s dream:-)
- Kristen’s First look with her grandfather–she is ‘grandfathers girl’ and his blue eyes twinkled with so much pride.
- Efrén’s bada– dance moves! (There was an entire ‘routine’ complete with moves Jagger would in fact envy.)
- The killer bouquet toss. (Im not typically a big ‘bouquet toss girl’ as often times its a strange collage of a few remaining unmarried ladies and children..lol) HOWEVER—this was one for the record books! These ladies made bouquet tossing an Olympic sport.)
- #thatveiltho (for daaaaaayyysss!)
- When Efrén unexpectedly picked up Kristen and spun her around the dance floor–they were completely in their own world.
Kristen and Efrén, thank you so much for choosing me to document this day for you. As a true lover of documenting connection; your honest love and outward display of affection made this photographer very happy:-)
Venue: Piedmont Renaissance
Wedding Planner – Lisa Young
Photographer: BlueSky by Cass Bradley (Cass and Corrie)
Cake – Mary McDonough
Florist – Lake Norman Flowers and Gifts
DJ – Split Second Sound
Officiant- Dan Burrell
Hair/Makeup – Kim Prince