Charleston Sunrise Intimate Wedding Alhambra Hall/Bowens Island (Margaret and Jonathan)
With a view of the Cooper River bridge, Jonathan waited, facing the water–with pup Grainger by his side. He and Margaret had scheduled a moment alone (AKA: a first look) before being joined by their immediate family for their sunrise ceremony at Alhambra Hall (with a reception that evening at a “shrimp shack” on Bowens island.)
The day was Intimate. Personal. Beautiful. and FUN!
Wedding Day Highlights:
- Jonathan having his father’s ring engraved with both his parents wedding date and he and Margaret’s. (His after had sadly passed away and this was such a great way to honor him)
- The sunrise over the Cooper River bridge. That golden/glowy light was magical. (as was the 100 year old oak tree used as back drop for their ceremony.
- Margaret’s custom wedding gown by local dress maker RCB Fashions
- Grainger!! I mean, every wedding should have a doggie attendant in my view.
- Knocking on the door of private/sea-side home at 7AM and having its owner open the door in hair rollers (oops..sorry.) and receiving permission to use their private dock for our couples images. #nicepeoplerock
- The wind that whipped though the ‘shrimp shack’ at Bowens..wind is always fabulous for photos:-)
- The overall intimate/laid back..’bare-feet-don’t-care vibe of the entire day. Yet–all the pretty was present too. (have we mentioned that dress? 🙂
- THE SUNSET–what better than to end a wedding day that began with a gorgeous golden sunrise than a WILD-skied, multi-color sunset! (Thank you Jonathan for humoring me and climbing the giant mound of oysters so we could capture it on all of its glory)
Margaret and Jonathan–thank your trusting me with the honor of documenting your day.
Sunrise Ceremony- Alhambra Hall
BLUESKY by Cass Bradley – Charleston Wedding Photographer
The Burlap Elephant – Plannerhttp://theburlapelephant.com