Carissa and Nick’s St. Gabriel’s Church and Mint Museum Uptown Wedding
Carissa and Nick’s wedding was a perfect blend of honoring tradition (in the way of their full mass/Catholic ceremony) and modern sophistication. (In the way of their decidedly ‘Uptown-Inspired’ Mint Museum reception.)
It was a perfect blend of quiet, reserved, family-centric moments ….and all out shenanigans. 🙂
A soft color palette of sky blue & silver was carried though in the bridesmaid dresses (with accent colors of peach, light pink, & ivory) showcased by the florals from Lily Greenthumbs.
Carissa’s Augusta Jones (Anita) gown was a perfect fit for both the church (with its classic lace and capped sleeves) as well as more modern Mint Museum reception. (With its (sexy) open back) The ‘uptown’ theme was prevalent in the seating chart graphics and the gorgeous Charlotte Skyline Welcome sign.
The day could best be described as ‘classic meets clean, sophisticated and modern. ‘
You may recall I had a pretty special connection with Carissa and Nick from the get-go. (you can peek at their 4th ward engagement session and learn more about their story here.) And, their wedding day did not disappoint as it was filled with the types of moments I love to photograph…genuine connections.
Here are a few of the wedding day highlights as I saw them:
- My dear Carissa was charming ball of nerves–so in love with Nick, this day and being surrounded by her family. Her ‘getting ready’ images are some of my favorites, as the ‘rawness’ of the day was worn on her sleeve creating some of the most emotion-drenched images.
- Carissa’s ‘first-look’ with her dad was one for the record books. (she says she “ugly cried”–I beg to differ.)
- The ring bearer and flower girl were fabulous scene stealers.
- The look on Nick’s face the when he saw Carissa on the aisle
- The Toasts! So, so good! Hilarious, touching. (Most especially the toast from the Best Man who PERFECTLY toasted/roasted Nick’s involvement in the the Bachelorette series…including a ‘rose ceremony’ for Carissa.)
- Carissa and her bridesmaids rendition of ‘Uptown Funk”
Carissa and Nick-thank you for the honor of being a part of your incredibly emotional (and all-out-fun) wedding day and this time in your lives.
The TOASTS–being a season 9 bachelorette contestant certainly led to some good-humored torment.
Planner: Micheal Luther
Photographer: (your truly BlueSky by Cass Bradley😉
Floral Design: Lily Greenthumb’s Wedding and Event Design
Catering: Something Classic Cafe (who fed us so, so well:-)
Entertainment: Split Second Sound
Cake: Cheesecake Etc.
Hair and Makeup: Shine Salon
Rentals: Party Reflections, Inc