Kierstan and Wes, The VanLandingham Estate
Kiersten’s boss brought Wes to Kiersten’s office and “forced” them to exchange numbers and go to lunch –as he was new to the area and Kiersten’s boss knew she was looking to make friends. (Though Kiersten was incredibly embarrassed; she would do it only as a “favor” to her boss.)
Turns out, “she ended up liking the guy.” …enough to agree to marry him in an intimate and outdoor ceremony at the historic VanLandingham Estate though they had known each other less than a year. (fate, much?)
The day in Keirstan’s words: “I want this day to feel magical–Wes and I are so incredibly in love and I think the day just needs to be light and all about celebrating how happy we are to have each other. I wanted my wedding to be in a garden because I grew up loving fairytales, and not only stories with princesses, but with actual like fairies and things like that–I love the idea of feeling like my wedding day will be fantastical 🙂
…and, it was.
A few of my favorite moments from the day:
- Tons and tons of beautiful/raw emotion; including the look on her father’s face when her gave her away, her bridesmaids tears of joy during a pre-wedding prayer and the touching speech her father gave as a tribute to Kiestan’s mother. (who sadly passed away.)
- Her grandmother fastening her mother’s pearls around her neck
- The magical light that appeared post-ceremony and backlit the newlyweds as they walked back down the aisle
- Wes’ killer dance moves (didn’t see that coming!)
- Their ‘1950’s-style, bubble exit complete with a short ‘honeymoon’ dress and Panther’s jersey:-)
- The simple fact an 181 person wedding could feel incredibly intimate. (…very few folks jockeying for cell phone pics and actually watching the ceremony/dances, the celebratory spirit. Lots of laughs and tears from many.)
Kiersten and Wes–thank you for the honor of being a part of one of the most emotional weddinsg days I have photographed. It was an honor.
Charlotte Wedding Pros who helped make Kierstan and Wes’ Day Amazing:
Venue and Catering: The VanLandingham Estate
Day-of Coordination: Love and Honey (Tina Doody)
Photographer: BlueSky by Cass Bradley
Floral Design: JimmyBlooms
DJ- ZBrothers (Bill)
Wedding Cake: Cheesecake Etc.
Officiant: Pastor Mike Moreau
Make Up: Stanley from Shine Salon
Hair: AJ from Shine Salon
Gown: Winnie Couture Charlotte
Absolutely beautiful. Captured the wedding perfectly!
Thank you Jill!!
Thank you Glenna! It was such a perfect day. Rain and all!