There was something very special about Molly and Jim’s Daniel Stowe Botanical garden wedding.
Perhaps it was the gorgeous setting of the gardens.
Maybe it was the ‘calm’ that seemed present the entire day.
Or, perhaps it was the many beautiful emotions encircling this couple throughout the day: Dad’s pride when he saw his girl, the laughter between Molly and ‘her girls’ and the tears in both Jim and his dad’s eyes as Molly and Jim exchanged their vows… to name a few of the many emotional moments.)
It could’ve been any (and most likely all…) of the above.
But mostly…I think the ‘special’ nature of the day was due to the joining of two of the most sincere and kind humans to cross my path.
Molly and Jim wanted everything to beautiful. However, to them…beautiful did not simply mean pretty flowers or shoes (though they had both..) –It meant their very intimate/outdoor wedding would be centered around their family and friends. It was most important to them they see the faces of those they love most truly enjoying the day.
And wow, did they.
– When Molly’s dad walked in and got to see his girl all.dressed.up
– Jim’s father’s proud face as he watched Jim wait at the top of the aisle for Molly. (Incredibly sadly, Jim’s dad passed away a month after the wedding of pancreatic cancer. Just like my dad….) There was also a moment during family images when Jim’s dad briefly placed his hand on Jim’s shoulders as Jim walked through the grass to Molly. This is exactly how I hope Jim remembers his father on this day. Present. Proud.
– Molly’s open mouth/cheer/smile as she walked the aisle. (I’ve never seen a bride more happy to see her groom)
– Molly and Jim repeatedly walking through the mist of the fountain so we could get just the right shot:-)
– The MILES of macaroons at the reception (Molly’s favorite..)
– But mostly, the love. The joy. The tears….of happiness.
Molly and Jim…thank you for having me as a part for your day and reminding me why I do this.
“Life is comprised of a series of small, but magical moments….I protect them.” -Cass
Molly and Jim’s Charlotte Wedding Vendors:
Charlotte Wedding Planner: Erin Padgett Events: (formerly Simply Southern Wedding & Event Design, Erin Padgett & Colleen Williams
Charlotte wedding Venue: Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden
Charlotte Wedding Officiant: Rev. Rebeca Nagy
Charlotte Wedding Photographer: BlueSky by Cass Bradley
Charlotte Floral Designer: Flowers by Lingky
Wedding Entertainment: Queen City Ensemble, Jenny
Cake/Macaroons: Amelie’s French Bakery
Charlotte wedding Hair and Makeup: Rebekah McCann
Reception: Chillfire Bar & Grill