The weather forecast was looking less-than-fab. As I stepped from the car to carry in my equipment to the ever-so-elegant, Mills House…its began to rain.
Our bride–Sandy, blissfully unaware of the drizzle; was surrounded by her maids, having her ‘finishing touches’ of hair and makeup completed and then stepped into her Allure Couture classic wedding gown.
He waited. (At Marion Square park across the street.) With its draping canopy of trees covered in Spanish moss. And …the sun began shine.
He saw her. (and his face was priceless:-) He twirled her by the hand to take her in. And then did it again.
They kissed and spoke few words in hushed tones.
Birds chirped. Onlookers tried to sneak a peak. And, the sun continued to shine…all. day. long.
This wedding ranked as one of my favorites for a lot of reasons. The wedding was intimate, with the ceremony outdoors and a classically elegant reception in Mills’ House Ballroom…complete with a keep-em-all-dancin’ band. (And, Charleston is full of so much beauty for destination wedding! In all my travels–its still on of my favorite places in the world.) –And also because Sandy was one of the first people I met when I moved to Charlotte many years ago. (We’ve been friends for over 15 years. Have traveled to some of the most amazing places in the world and have known each other through many ‘stages’ of life.’ Many good. Many not-so-much.)
But what I adored most about this day was seeing a friend so genuinely happy.
My favorite moments:
– The clouds parting and the sun beginning to shine…right when it needed to.
– The look on Dave’s face during their First Look
– How the sun backlit Sandy’s veil as she walked down the aisle to meet Dave
– The look on the ring bearers face when he realized he was not carrying the ‘real’ ring.
– The sheer look of joy as Sandy and Dave were able to walk in and ENJOY their cocktail party (since we had done a first look it freed them up post-ceremony to attend a bit of their rooftop cocktail party as the sun set.)
– THE BAND
– Sandy changing into a separate (but equally amazing) Justin Alexander dress for the reception
– The honor of capturing this day. Yet, getting to put the camera down and be a guest at my friends wedding!
Sandy and Dave–thank you for trusting me with capturing day. –It could not have been more perfect.
PS: And here are few examples of just how much fun my husband and I had at the reception. (dare I say…too much fun? 😉 #youcanttakeusanywhere
Sandy & Dave’s A-list Charleston Wedding Vendor Team:
Ceremony Site: Marion Square Park
Reception/Catering: The Mills House Inn
Photographers: BlueSky by Cass Bradley (Cass and George)
Wedding Cake: Ashley Bakery
Band: The 919 band
Ceremony Music: Palmetto Strings ceremony music
Officiant: Greg Mason
Gowns: Allure Couture/Justin Alexander
Transpostation: Palmetto Carriages