The journey over the past year with Sarah-Catherine and Johnny has been so incredible and story-filled to really do it justice.
From our initial introduction via another wedding industry pro (who was incredible awesome to say to them ‘I know just the person to travel with you two across the world, spend 5 days together and document your amazing journey’…to her, we are forever grateful.) …it was an instant match. Or journey from there went a bit like this:
– Meet, consume 2 bottles of wine whilst learning their story and hearing about their wedding plans…with constant bouts of uproarious laughter throughout
– We agree it is a perfect match and promptly the next AM I receive 26 pages of well-throughout itinerary from Johnny (that also included an optional set of post-wedding plans for my husband and I to have a a second honeymoon. I mean, the dude likes to PLAN!:-)
– In the back of my mind I wonder a bit what it will be like to travel with 2 people whom I have just met for 5 full days. (I mean–dearest friends can get on each others nerves with that much ‘together’ time..)
– My husband I meet SC and Johnny at the airport- and though just meeting my husband….it was as if we were all life-long friends.
– Remember when I said Johnny likes to plan?….from here a whirlwind of activity occurs..from 5AM hot air balloon rides, to shopping in the Turkish markets and meals, and rug shopping and wine tasting…( have I mentioned often times all in one day? 🙂 We experienced pre-coffee pouty faces, adrenalin filled balloon ’emergency landings’, language barriers (“that’s MY pigeon house,” Turkish views on ‘strong females’ (Yes–that waiter did put his hand in my face..lol) and took more ‘bum squeeze’ images of the two of them that I can count.
And most of all–we saw love Lots and lots of love. (These two crazies have a mutual admiration society most people simply dream of. )
Their wedding day was incomparable in terms of intimacy and sweetness.
Just the two of them–they met on the aisle where he lifted her veil and continued to walk each other down…hand-and-hand …as partners.
They wrote their their own vows, which included the promise of much love, support…and bum squeezes until death do them part.’
They then danced under the lights of the city on the edge of mountains and dined together cliff-side privately (until they insisted we come join them at the 2-persona table for cake and cocktails:-) #wearenowelopementcrashers
The experience was all-around amazing. (Including their US ‘Turkish Bazaar’ themed reception created by Katrina Hutchins at Come+Together Events @upon our return..) The entire experience simply reconfirmed our love working with vibrant, life-loving and fearless clients….especially those getting married in intimate/outdoor settings:-) And there is no question we have developed a friendship with SC and Johnny that will last for years to come. (We have also been blessed enough that we are not the only ones who found SC and Johnny’s wedding to be amazing. Their wedding story was published by the national/luxury wedding specialists at Grace Ormond Wedding Style as well as featured locally in Carolina Bride magazine. You can see their full story here and here.)
Sarah-Catherine and Johnny–it has been such an honor getting to know you, document one of the most exciting time in your lives and now call you friends. (And now that you are back from your California Anniversary trip–which we can only assume filled with more activities than CA even knew existed…its time for a night out with some Turkish food. (sans ‘Turkish marinade’)
Happy 1st Anniversary!
Makeup for Bridal Portraits/Reception- Be Pretty
Photography- BlueSky Studios
Rental Provider –Party Reflections
Headpiece- J Major’s Bridal Boutique
Cake- The Wow Factor Cakes
Catering- Spiro’s Catering
Flowers- Sarah Catherine Collective
Gown- Neiman Marcus
Inviations- Elisabeth Rose
The Argos Hotel, ceremony
Balkon Restaurant, reception
House of Memories, rehearsal dinner
Sukurogullari Pastanesi/Cake Shop, cake
Ediz Cicekcilik/Flower Shop, flowers
Turkey Weddings, rentals, linens, coordination and planning
Arzu Kiran from the Ilkin Bridal Shop, veil
Aziz Baba, antique linens and antique candelabras
The Travel Atelier, travel arrangements