With all of our recent growth at BlueSky (combined with expansion into a new subset of the wedding industry. To be announced soon as well…) it was time to have someone I could count on as a true partner. (and put an end to the annoying vague facebook posts:-)
After over a year of searching (including many interviews and ‘trial runs with others) followed by months of shooting together to determine if we were not only a ‘style’ and personality fit– but could flawlessly execute a wedding as a team. (and thrill our couples with the results. )
BlueSky proudly and excitedly introduces (or, ‘re-acquaints’ in many cases) you to BlueSky’s newest Lead Photographer, George!
(image ‘stolen’ from his Facebook page. And, yes…he is with Vanessa Minillo (Lachey) . lol)
A bit about George:
- George comes to BlueSky with over a decade of wedding photography experience after successfully running his own studio here in Charlotte
- His work has been published countless times on blogs/websites/magazines, including, Weddings Unveiled and Carolina Bride (including a recent cover)
But more importantly, Why George?: (aside from being photographically talented, naturally.)
- His attention to detail borders on obsessive. (in a good way) He is amazing with ‘dress fluffing and styling’, stray hair noticing and overall details that make or break images.
- He LOVES weddings. I don’t just mean photographing them. He gets to know the entire bridal party and family and after a decade…has not grown tired of it. …and, he loves capturing ‘moments’ as much as I do.
- He gets my Starbucks order right. (I mean seriously—he brought me a ‘3-pump, vanilla latte, extra hot’ this week! …again…attention to detail!)
- He knows everyone and I challenge you to find someone who doesn’t say ‘he is such a nice guy.’
- During our last destination wedding, he went shopping with me to find 1.) new wedge shoes and 2.) a little black jacket and not only tolerated it…but seemed to enjoy it. (AKA..he has patience.)
- He is warm, genuine and honest. The couples we have ‘secretly’ photographed together over these past months have adored George. (it sorta made me a little jealous how much they love him…..not gonna lie.:-)
All that said–we are simply beyond excited to have him join the team and cannot wait to see what the future holds! (In the meantime—check out a few of George’s images he captured during our last few weddings together.)
WELCOME TO BLUESKY GEORGE!